YukunL Blog for EDCI-337

Hi~Hi~~Hi~~~

weekLY blog 1

After online learning this week, I realized the superiority of digital multimedia education. This superiority is mainly reflected in the teaching method. This new teaching method is convenient for students to observe and recognize new knowledge, also helping students understand and master new knowledge.
From the “Top 100 Tool for Learning”, the rankings of video websites and web conferencing software have risen significantly, the reason for the rise of these digital multimedia rankings is because a large number of students and teachers had to accept Online education during the epidemic, but I believe that when the epidemic is over, more and more people will notice the advantages of digital multimedia education.
On the other hand, this week’s online learning taught me how to design an excellent ppt. Personally, I’m not too fond of the ppt software. I personally experienced online education in 2015, but online teaching at that time was more about teachers letting us watch ppts or articles uploaded by teachers on the Internet. Sometimes hundreds of pages of ppt are densely packed with words, which really makes me sleepy. After studying this week, I realized that ppt is not just a “speech draft.” when we are presenting, the protagonist of the presentation should be the speaker, not the ppt behind him.

1. rahma June 6, 2021

Hi Yukunliang,

It was nice going through your blogs this week, I liked the poster cat picture designed using canvas in your second week’s blog post.

Online learning combined with multimedia learning class is really interesting, I feel it can actually make the online learning experience so fun and engaging. Learning through the multimedia learning principles and creating multimedia objects really helps it make attentive and informative therefore i agree online learning with PowerPoint slides dense with words can be dry and overwhelming. Schools are now adopting more multimedia activities in their class and advancing multimedia tools to create an effective learning experience for students.

Looking forward to reading your coming blog posts.

Best,
    Rahma