YukunL Blog for EDCI-337

Hi~Hi~~Hi~~~

Assignment 3: Core Multimedia Skills

After A few week of online, I had the opportunity to learn and master the advantages of e-learning. Online learning comes with numerous benefits and advantages. For instance, the initiative taken by an individual to engage in e-learning activities tends to save time and money. Learners who study online have the advantage to access information anywhere and anytime at the comfort of their homes. Students who study online do not need to take time out from their obligations to physically attend classes and engage their tutors on face-to-face basis.

Before this class, my knowledge of online education remained proficient in using Brightspace and watching real-time zoom and ppt. When I started to learn about edci-337, I learned to write my own blog on openETC and use the methods learned in the class to beautify and improve my blog. The second week impressed me the most in making a ppt with excellent teaching quality and attractiveness. When we are making a speech, the protagonist of the speech should be the speaker, not the ppt behind him.

The focus is on the poster design of the second week. After follow-up studies, I learned that the information given by my poster design is inferior, without highlighting the key points and typographical confusion.

I focused on Five Principles for Reducing Extraneous Processing, deleted a few cute but useless photos, and re-typed and designed the new poster so that it doesn’t look like “pet lose.”

With the help of the Coherence Principle, I reduced unnecessary photos to highlight the key points.
Under the premise of Signalling Principle and Redundancy Principal, I use close-up photos instead of snapped photos. On the other hand, I use more keywords to describe the cuteness of Jiojio.

Under the reminder of The dual coding theory, I used words to simulate his cry (although the meows are the same) so that this poster highlights the cuteness of jiojio in multiple ways.